Missionary Report No. 6
July – August 2019
I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf… Romans 15:30 (ESV)
We thank God for allowing us to serve as a family. During the end of June and July, each of us have been involved in different ministries. So to our Lord be the Honor and Glory!
David: During June he was preaching at the Men´s Bible Conference at Bethany´s Church in south Quito.
We also began mentoring the youth leaders group of our local church where we are members since we arrive to Ecuador.
The launch of the Ministerial Continuing Education Network (“ECM” for its acronym in Spanish) took place in the first days of June. This is addressed to the ministries of biblical and ministerial training in Ecuador. This is a group of ministries that are actively involved in bible and ministerial education.
In July, we prepare more material to offer different workshops for Quechua Pastors and Leaders in the communities of Cajabamba and Pallaguchi. At the end of July, Bible training was conducted in these communities and it was a blessing for all of us. Workshops were offered for Pastors and Leaders on the subject of how to study and teach the Bible.
In the Ecuadorian Amazon city of Shell, the youth group was challenged to take the Gospel to other young people. The “Luz Del Evangelio Church” was the host of this event, in which the entire congregation was also urged during its three Sunday services.
Ana: In early July Anita developed a workshop on “What the Bible says about Inner Health.” These workshops took place over three days, within the framework of the Women Conference of the “Luz del Evangelio Church” in Shell, Ecuador. It was a time of blessing with more than 130 women in each conference.
Anita has been preparing more material for the workshops requested by the Quechuas brothers of Cajabamba and its surroundings areas. The greatest need observed, in which Anita has focused, has to do with the development of material to strengthen the female ministry of the Quechuas churches. She also wants to improve the preparation of teachers for Sunday School churches in that area.
At the end of July, women’s and pedagogical workshops were launched in the communities of Cajabamba and Pallaguchi, at the province of Chimborazo, in the Ecuadorian Andes. It was a beautiful challenge and no doubt God used these workshops in a wonderful way among the Quechuas churches. We hope to reach more communities with these workshops in near future.
Tiare: After finishing her first year of studies with excellent grades, Tiare has been serving as a counselor for girls and teenagers for eight weeks at the Summer Bible Camp in Word of Life, NY, USA.
It has been very intense weeks for her; and no doubt, God has used her greatly at girls’ counseling and guiding them to Christ the every week group of young women, whom she has had to lead. After these eight weeks, which culminate in mid-August, Tiare will have two weeks off. In September, she will begin her second year of studies at WOLBI. God willing, her plans are to continue her education for a third year; or transfer her studies to another Bible School, since WOLBI only has two years program.
Ethan had the opportunity to go serve at Shell, along with his parents. He helped directing the worship music during the conference. This time was a blessing at church, but God also confirmed in him his musical talent and his ministerial gift of service. And also, God took him another week to serve in translation with a team of Americans who came to serve in a “Vacation Bible School” in Otavalo, Imbabura province, north of Ecuador.
In these summer months, in this part of the world, he is serving in the music ministry and being a counselor for children and teenagers in Summer Bible Camps at Word of Life Ecuador.
In relation to his high school studies, he continues doing “Home School.” He is currently in eleven grade. This study system gives him free time to get involved in different ministries and mission trips, accommodating his study schedule and his activities.
We cannot believe how quickly time has gone! We have been serving almost eight months in this beautiful country. Those have been months of hard work in which we always try to take time to thank God for all that he is doing through us, His servants.
- For the blessing of serving you as a family.
- For our children, there are doing very well. Because they love the Lord and have been joyfully involved in different ministries.
- Our son Ethan has been gradually adapting to this new country and his new context.
- Because of its provision and care, even though we still do not have full monthly support.
- For the APOYO ministry team, since, although we are few, God has given us the love and vision to serve the local pastors and church’s leaders in Ecuador and outside.
- For our sending church, families and individuals who are faithfully supported during these months.
- For the bible training we are having with the Quechuas communities, to know their culture and be effective in what they need.
- For the APOYO team. Tim and Onilda Broach are in Cuba during these months. For Javier and Dora Cuchipe, who are raising their financial support needed to come to serve with our team.
- For Tiare´s studies, which will begin her second year of Bible school. After, she wants to continue studding. Pray for her next´s year application to the university. For her health, her encouragement and the financial support for her new year´s college.
- For Ethan, his last two years of high school and his longing to go to Bible school after. May God guide his paths, keep his heart, and continue using him.
- By God’s provision to cover our monthly support. Pray for more people that want to support our ministry faithfully.
Thank you very much for take some time to read our missionary report. We hope you enjoy with us by seeing what God is doing here in Ecuador. Thank you for being an important part of “God´s movement.”
Please support our missionary ministry through an online donation at:
Our missionary agency is Palm Missionary Ministries, Inc. (PMM, Inc.) and has been a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) since 2001.
Visit www.PalmMinistries.com for more information regarding our ministry.
You can send your donation in check to:
Palm Missionary Ministries, Inc.
203 Long Lake Rd.
Hawthorne, FL 32640
Designate your donation for the Luzuriagas
and email us to: email@example.com